2021-09-29, 15:30–16:00, Salta
FOSS4G increasingly has applications that span outside the Geo space. This talk will highlight some interesting use cases for FOSS4G within and outside Geo. From FinTech to Retail & Marketing and Real Estate development, you will learn just how far-reaching FOSS4G is and will become in the near future. You will also come away with a sampling of key open source tools that are being used across multiple disciplines.
Description: The general format of the talk will be as follows:
- General overview of the multidisciplinary nature of FOSS4G tools
- Highlight of some recent interesting applications using FOSS4G within the Geo space
- Highlight of some interesting use cases for FOSS4G outside the Geo space
- Quick overview of some key FOSS4G libraries that are contributing to the multidisciplinary nature of FOSS4G tools
- Quick plug for how to get involved and contribute to the FOSS4G tools highlighted
Collins, Brendan (1)
(1) makepath, U.S.
Use cases & applicationsTopic –
Data visualization: spatial analysis, manipulation and visualizationLevel –
1 - Principiants. No required specific knowledge is needed.Language of the Presentation –
Brendan has over 15 years of experience in GIS, he has worked with The Nature Conservancy, NASA, and The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. He is a core developer for the Datashader and Bokeh open source libraries and created the Xarray-Spatial and mapshader libraries for large scale spatial analysis.