2021-09-30, 10:00–10:30, Buenos Aires
The presentation aims to provide attendees with enough information to master GeoServer styling documents and most of GeoServer extensions to generate appealing, informative, readable maps that can be quickly rendered on screen. Examples will be provided from the OSM data directory GeoSolutions shared with the community.
Several topics will be covered, providing examples in CSS and SLD, including: * Mastering common symbolization, filtering, multi-scale styling. * Using GeoServer extensions to build common hatch patterns, line styling beyond the basics, such as cased lines, controlling symbols along a line and the way they repeat. * Leveraging TTF symbol fonts and SVGs to generate good looking point thematic maps. * Using the full power of GeoServer label lay-outing tools to build pleasant, informative maps on both point, polygon and line layers, including adding road plates around labels, leverage the labelling subsystem conflict resolution engine to avoid overlaps in stand alone point symbology. * Dynamically transform data during rendering to get more explicative maps without the need to pre-process a large amount of views. * Generating styles with external tools
Andrea Aime (1)
Stefano Bovio (1)
(1) GeoSolutions Group (https://www.geosolutionsgroup.com/)Track –
Data visualization: spatial analysis, manipulation and visualizationLevel –
3 - Medium. Advanced knowledge is recommended.Language of the Presentation –
Open source enthusiast with strong experience in Java development and GIS. Personal interest range from high performance software, huge data volume management, software testing and quality, spatial data analysis algorithms, map rendering. Full time open source developer on GeoServer and GeoTools.
Received the Sol Katz's OSGeo award in 2017.
- Serving earth observation data with GeoServer: COG, STAC, OpenSearch and more
- Demystifing OGC APIs with GeoServer: introduction and status of implementation
- The secret life of open source developers
- State of GeoServer
- State of GeoWebCache
- Crunching Data In GeoServer with Discrete Global Grid Systems (DGGS)
- Serving large GeoPackage dataset in GeoServer: the OS MasterMap and ZoomStack use case
- Adding Quality Assurance to open source projects: experiences from GeoTools, GeoWebCache an GeoServer