2021-09-28, 09:00–13:00, Rigoberta Menchú
The workshop provides a full overview of MapStore functionalities and framework touching every aspect of the system, from the pure product functionalities to the framework architecture, describing how to install and customize your MapStore installation or create your own adding your code.
Topics Covered during the workshop are as follows:
- Introduction to the MapStore product and its main functionalities
- Introduction to the MapStore framework, with description of the various building blocks
- Installation and configuration of the MapStore framework with emphasis on
- Creation of standard GeoPortals
- Embedding MapStore in existing websites
- Creation of a new plugin for the MapStore framework
Don't forget to register before we run out of tickets!
MapStore is the Open Source product for creating, saving and sharing in a simple and intuitive way maps and mashups created selecting contents from public services like Google Maps and OpenStreetMap or other servers implementing OGC and ISO protocols.
Thanks to MapStore the user can mix her own data with data available on the web to create comprehensive
maps and share them with anyone (also via social networks). MapStore is cross-browser, and mobile ready.
MapStore allows the user to:
- Manage maps (share, delete, search, create) and users through a front-end Manager.
- Create and navigate maps using a powerful and intuitive front end as map Viewer.
- Manage the embed-link, marker's injection, routes injection, time series Google Earth like, spatial queries and more.
- Interact with one or more Catalog Service for the Web (CSW).
MapStore is also a complete framework that you can use to customize the standard app, or build your own GeoPortal from scratch, leveraging the ReactJS / Redux / RxJS based pluggable technology.
This workshop will introduce you to many aspects of the framework, providing a full overview of the functionalities and the customization capabilities that MapStore offers to create advanced webgis portals.
Lorenzo Natali, Simone GiannecchiniLevel –
2 - Basic. General basic knowledge is required.Requirements for the Attendees –
Technical team lead for MapStore project @ GeoSolutions.
10 years experience with GIS development and front-end solutions.